Check out our NEW & improved website

Some functions of this older version of our site are no longer active and are only available on the new site.

Please Sign In
Basket Summary

Your cart is empty!

Please Sign In

Your cart is empty!

Frame My TV

Call 1-888-TV-FRAME

What is a Liner?

TV Frame LinerThis is perhaps the most common question we receive from our clients who are new to TV concealment. The liner is a fabric wrapped filler component that is added to the inner perimeter of frame mouldings in our Standard & Artisan collections as well as with all Motorized Artwork frames.

What purpose does it serve?

The liner is an essential component on mouldings that have a rabbet. The rabbet is a common element found in almost all frame mouldings. It's a notch found at the inner lip of the frame as shown here. Every liner is made to a customized height to fill the gap left by the rabbet so that the entire TV frame comes has a flat base across the back to meet the surface of the TV. Without the rabbet there would be an unsightly gap where the frame meets the TV's bezel.

What colors are available for the liner fabric?

The rabbet is available in four standard colors. Black (most common), white, linen, and sand.  When used with a frame from our Hardwood or Artisan collections, we can also make a custom solid wood liner that is made to match the finish of the frame. This option is not available with the standard mouldings collection due to their prefinished nature. Please call for questions on custom liner colors. 

What is the width of the liner?

TV Mirror Liner

Default width of our liners is 1.5" wide when viewed from the front. In some rare cases the liner can be made narrower if a wide frame moulding is being used or if there is no mirror or no motorized artwork component selected for screen concealment. 

The liner is essential on motorized artwork frames to give enough width to the frame to conceal the motorized artwork mechanism. 

What's the difference between a liner and an AccoustiMat? 

The most common time you would use both components is with our Motorized TV Art Covers.  

No, they are different components. The Liner is used to fill the rabbet around the inner edge of a standard frame moulding. When used In combination with a motorized artwork frame we add a fabric AcoustiMat behind the painting. This is only visible when the canvas painting is rolled up.Frame4

Artwork in Down Position

Artwork partially Rolled Up

How is a metro frame liner different?

Metro frames on a motorized artwork TV cover and on a TV Frame only will require a liner, while a metro frame with a TV mirror will not require a liner. With a TV Mirror we back paint the glass black to eliminate the need for a liner. Metro frames which require liners will have a wide flat liner necessary to conceal the mounting hardware for the frame and/or the motorized mechanism for the artwork. 

Motorized Artwork with Metro Frame

Frame Only with Metro Frame

When is a liner required? 

TV Frame Only TV Frame with
TV Mirror
TV Frame with
Motorized Artwork
Standard Mouldings Required Required Required
Metro Mouldings Required Not Available Required * Liners with this collection are wide and flat. 
Premium Hardwood
Optional Optional Required * Stained wood liners are available. Call for pricing.
22k Artisan
Required Required Required * Gold leaf liners available. Call for pricing.
Wilner Collection Required Required Required * Gold leaf liners available. Call for pricing.