What is Commissioned Art?
While we have many art options available within out own Art Catalog, you can also use millions of pieces custom art from our strategic partners like SuperStock.com, and there are undoubtedly billions of piece of art in existence ... sometimes nothing is just quite perfect or unique to just you to a moment in your life with special meaning.
The Creation Process & Pricing
Creating a work of commissioned art is a highly custom process where we work with you to understand your vision and what you would like for your personal masterpiece. It's a a unique art form created in a digital medium that is painted one brush stroke at a time using a stylus on a graphics tablet by our staff artist Karen Sperling.
You'll schedule a time with Karen during which we'll have an online meeting to discuss your needs, look over any reference images you have and learn about the special meaning behind the moment you would like preserved. Based on this meeting we'll be able to establish which tier your image will fall within for your budgeting needs. From there you can use our Quote Builder Tool to complete your custom designed TV Art Cover.
Once you have placed the order for your TV Art Cover, Karen will be begin creating your masterpiece and within a few weeks it will be completed for your review and approval. From there the image will be transferred to canvas to be built into your motorized TV Art Cover. The overall process from the time the order is placed until the shipping of your completed frame is approximately 6 weeks.
Included with this Service
- Initial consultation with artist, Karen Sperling to discuss the project overall, your preferences, and color schemes
- Preliminary Black and White sketch for your review to agree on the general composition of the image
- General color pallet version of the preliminary sketch
- Detailed painting for final approval or final round of revisions if necessary
- (1) Test Strip upon request
- 1 license for use of the image with your TV art cover.
About the Artist
Karen Sperling is the original Corel Painter expert--she wrote the first several manuals when the software debuted over 20 years ago--and she has been a leading Painter expert ever since, from publishing books and teaching classes about her process and techniques to painting commissioned artwork and fine art, which has been exhibited in New York and during Art Basel Miami Beach and is held in private art collections internationally.
Karen is a master creating works of art to fit any decor and color scheme, from classic to Impressionistic to photorealistic and pop art, depicting a variety of subjects ranging from bridal, individual, family and pet portraiture to landscapes, still life, abstracts and more.
See more of Karen's work at http://www.artistrymag.com/
The Process is Simple
- Just give us the make and model of your TV (no need to ship your TV to us)
- Use our Quote Builder Tool to create your completely custom design.
- Speak with one our specialists to review the details of your design. Schedule a Consult
- Add to Cart and Checkout
- Everything is shipped directly to you and arrives fully assembled and ready to slip over your TV.
All of our solutions are custom made-to-order in Boston for your specific TV. Just give us the make and model of your TV and we do the rest and ship it to you fully assembled and ready to slip over your TV
General Ballpark Pricing
Our Quick Size & Price Toolis the best way to obtain general details and dimensions for your initial planning purposes.
Start From Scratch
Use our Quote Builder Tool for an itemized and detailed quote. If you have any questions along the away, we’re just a click or call away.
Literally millions of options for art art available to conceal your TV from our collection artists, third party art providers, your custom art and more.
- Browse Our Art Catalog - A currated collection of 500+ pieces of art to choose from
- SuperStock - Choose from millions of pieces of art from our Third Party Provider.
- Upload Your Own Art - Use a family photo or other high resolution digital image
- Use Your Own Painting - We convert your physical painting into a digital file that can be reproduced onto our canvas
- Commissioned Art - Let our staff artist custom paint a masterpiece from scratch for you.
- Standard Collection - Over 100 styles to choose from in our most popular collection of frames. Get Samples
- Metro Collection - Clean sleek and contemporary lines with our metro collection of ulta modern aluminum frames. Get Samples
- Premium Hardwood Collection - Made of solid premium woods this collection features wood faces and matching wood sides. 7 profiles and 30 standard finishes and custom finishes available. Get Samples
- Artisan Collection - Our luxury 22k Gold museum quality finished corner frames are our top of the line collection of period frames.
Frame Side Views
With different frame collections and TV mounting methods there are different side options to consider.
Learn about side views for TV Art Covers | for Framed TV Mirrors
What is a Liner?
For many of our solutions, you'll see a fabric wrapped liner around the inner perimeter of the frame. Learn more about liners
Normal Production Time
TV Art Covers - Approximately 6 weeks
Framed TV Mirrors - Approximately 4 weeks
TV Frames - Approximately 4 weeks
TV Mirror Glass - 3-5 business days (unless special services like back painting are needed, which is a 1-2 week normal production time)
NOTE: Production times DO NOT include transit times from the Boston area to your destination. Yes, it's true that expedited shipping options are offered by shipping carriers, but do keep in mind that most of our shipments are palletized freight shipments and therefore the mere few days you might gain from expediting shipping is generally not worth the extreme costs of flying a palletized shipment.
Expedited Production Options
We offer a few different levels of expedited production based on how soon you need your merchandise.
Guaranteed - Ensures that your shipment will leave in exactly the above normal production time rather than an "approximate" production time which can fluctuate by roughly a week. Rate for this service: 3% additional
Partial Rush - Reduces the normal production time by 25%. Rate for this service: 7% additional
Standard Rush - MOST COMMON - Reduces the normal production time by 50%. Rate for this service: 7% additional
Priority Rush - Reduces the normal production time by 75%. Rate for this service: 50% additional
NOTE: Expediting options are subject to availability based on our current production volumes. Some rush options may be unavailable, contact us at 978-912-7200 orSchedule a Time to discuss your deadline and for availability of rush services. Also keep in mind that expedited service is NOT the delivery date, but rather is the date the merchandise ships from our factory. Shipping transit times may vary depending on your destination and time of year.